Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [CCB Beta] Castle Creeps Battle - Update 1.4.1 Now Live

Castle Creeps Battle - Update 1.4.1 Now Live

As you know Tivinu has been working on a large balancing update, and here it is! We’ve also thrown in some more bug fixes and a few additions to the way Leaderboards work as well for good measure.

Global Leaderboard
    • Ordering of people with identical amounts of Honor
    • Removal of inactive players
      • If a player is inactive for 2 weeks (14 days) they will no longer appear on the Leaderboards.
      • Players become active again once they have played a game.

Bug Fixes
    • System Gifted Chest with 4 full chest slots bug
    • Bypassing friend limit bug
    • Ogre Brute SFX balancing
    • League End popup doesn’t appear
    • Having insufficient gold to enter arena broke arena select

Major Balance Changes

Tivinu here with the as promised larger balance update. Since most cards (be it Troop, Spell, Tower or even Hero) have seen some form of change we’ve got a lot to get through, so let’s dive in.

PLEASE NOTE: all stats here reference the card at level 1 unless specified.

Troops

Alpha Wargs
    These guys are trailing a little behind where we want them to be in terms of performance, some of that is likely due to their more limited availability, so we’re just giving them a little helping hand here. Damage and DPS buff, will also be benefitting from some gacha changes in the near future.
    • DMG 128 > 137
    • DPS 142 > 171

Axe Throwers
    Whilst these guys were doing OK, this is more of a feel and quality of life change; they have received a notable damage increase that allows them to now 1-shot goblins and their Shield now have a bit more durability. However, their normal health has taken quite a hit, this should help these little guys to feel more impactful when supporting a push.
    • HP 120 > 65
    • DMG 48 > 67
    • DPS 44 > 61
    • Shield 150 > 165

Banshee
    More of a shift around of value than a specific buff or nerf, the Banshee’s identity lies heavily within her drain mechanic and we want to help that to shine. We’ve upped her overall durability by increasing her health and drain value, but this has come at the cost of her damage and DPS. Hopefully the troops she now counters (and is counter by) are more apparent (try her against the Dragon if you want a laugh!).
    • HP 635 > 705
    • DMG 58 > 40
    • DPS 174 > 120
    • Drain 23 > 40

Corrupted Knight
    Was close to where we wanted, but just lacked a bit of oomph in the tanking department to get there. Has gained a lot of extra HP and some shield, but at the cost of speed whilst shielded (is Slow when he has it up, reverts to Medium once it is gone).
    • HP 435 > 760
    • Move Speed Medium > Slow
    • Shield 600 > 620

Dark Elf Assassin
    Some more tweaks, we’ve made the card better when used to siege or when thrown at a specific target. However, is now less of a threat when moving on due to lower speed.
    • HP 900 > 966
    • DMG 242 > 285
    • DPS 161 > 190
    • Move Speed Very Fast > Fast

Dark Elf Ranger
    These Dark Elf gals were needing some help in being a cheaper alternative to the Sharpshooter (and to help their performance). Some overall Damage, DPS and HP increases.
    • HP 190 > 195
    • DMG 75 > 96
    • DPS 62.5 > 80

Goblins
    Mostly used as a distraction or cycle card, the overall stats on this one are less of a concern. However, they are receiving changes to keep them in line with the other Goblin spawning cards.
    • HP 45 > 50
    • DMG 45 > 50
    • DPS 45 > 50

Goblin Airforce
    The overall usage of this card (and its performance) are out of line, their durability and damage are being reigned in (they can still do horrible things if left uncontested, it just gives the opposing player a little longer to react before being destroyed).
    • HP 138 >125
    • DMG 104 > 80
    • DPS 87 > 67

Goblin Flyers
    Same issues we had with the Airforce, being reduced to keep these two inline.
    • HP 138 >125
    • DMG 104 > 80
    • DPS 87 > 67

Bomb Goblin
    A mixture of things going on here, broadly looks like a nerf (and it mostly is), but also some QoL changes with an increased rate of fire to help him feel less sluggish. Should now deal with swarms better whilst providing less burst against single targets.
    • HP 220 >210
    • Hit Spd 1.8 > 1.6
    • DMG 216 > 180
    • DPS 120 > 113
    • Death Damage 216 > 180

Goblin Swarm
    Whilst this card performance and usage are doing fine, the changes to, and increase of anti-swarm cards (looking at you Spikes) warrant these guys a small pre-emptive buff.
    • HP 55 > 61
    • DMG 55 > 61
    • DPS 55 > 61

Hunting Party
    To keep these gal’s stats in line with the Rangers, will keep an eye on these and see how they perform after the patch, if they prove to be too strong we may reduce their number by 1.
    • HP 190 > 195
    • DMG 75 > 96
    • DPS 62.5 > 80

Harpy
    The Harpy is needing a bit of help getting to the enemy tower (despite being a flyer!) We’ve shifted her stats around to give us some more of that required durability, but also made it slightly less punishing on the player when she does by reducing her damage.
    • HP 726 > 780
    • DMG 174 > 163
    • DPS 193 > 181

Juggernaut
    This guy has been pulling his weight and then some, so we're giving him a durability nerf to help keep him in check.
    • HP 1350 > 1180

Ogre Brute
    Like the Juggernaut, the Ogre Brue has been overperforming (and over featuring!). We’re hitting his durability quite hard and giving him a small knock on his damage. He can still solo Bow and Artillery towers, but will have way less remaining health afterwards.
    • HP 3450 >3086
    • DMG 290 > 280
    • DPS 126 > 122

Orc Berserker
    Everyone’s favorite Berserker has been struggling for a while now, and with various other buffs going out to cards that can be effective against him with giving him quite a sizeable boost to hopefully pick him up during 1.4.1. Notable durability buffs should help him reach his targets whilst the increased damage should help to deliver upon those 1-shot fantasies.
    • HP 817 > 962
    • DMG 440 > 503
    • DPS 275 > 314

Orc Raiders
    Not seeing too much of these guys yet, like the Wargs it’s due to their higher scarcity in availability. They’ve received a minor Damage buff, for now, to help them out with certain threshold values and will be benefitting from some upcoming gacha changes in the future.
    • DMG 83 > 85
    • DPS 83 > 85

Forest Dragon
    This Dragon's been a scourge for a bit too long, bringing its performance back in line by hitting its durability to allow its counters to counter it quicker.
    • HP 1080 > 944

Warlock
    The Warlock is not where we want him to be just yet and will be receiving some larger gameplay changes soon. However, until then, we're giving the robed guy some stat boosts to help his performance (including a +33% damage increase)!
    • HP 615 > 680
    • DMG 154 > 205
    • DPS 110 > 146

Spells

Heal
    Quality of Life changes; radius up to help the spell to hit more troops. Now heals 3 timers per second rather than once, overall healing unaffected (heals less per tick, but heals more often)
    • Radius 2 > 2.5
    • Tick Rate 1ps > 3ps

Poison
    Quality of Life changes; now damages 3 timers per second rather than once, overall damage unaffected (damages less per tick, but damages more often)
    • Tick Rate 1ps > 3ps

Blast
    Damage increase to keep most damage relationships similar (matching certain buffs). Now features Knockback to give more impact and allow for more tactical aiming!
    • DMG 430 > 446
    • Knockback Added!

Frenzy
    Quality of Life changes; spell was seeing some good use once it had been leveled up quite a bit, but very little use at lower levels. To make the spell more appealing at lower levels the starting duration has been increased (with the increases per level being reduced). Final duration is slightly increased.
    • Duration 6s > 9s
    • Max Level Duration 12.9s > 13s
    • Duration growth 10% > +0.33s

Freeze
    Quality of Life changes; like the Frenzy spell was seeing some good use once it had been leveled up quite a bit, but very little use at lower levels. To make the spell more appealing at lower levels the starting duration has been increased (with the increases per level being reduced). Final duration is unchanged.
    • Duration 50 > 66
    • Max Level Duration 90 > 90
    • Duration growth +0.33s > +0.2s

Spikes
    This spell came out the gates a tad over-tuned, being able to 1-shot equivalent level Goblin Flyers (allowing for a 2-5 elixir trade against Airforce). It’s being brought back in line for now (it still leaves Flyers with only 5hp) but I’ll keep an eye to see how it fares. Future alternatives make include its damage being increased again but the cost increased to 3.
    • DMG 160 > 120

Heroes

Ember – Volley
    Quicker cast time to help those reactive shots, hopefully, you will have less instance of units having moved out of the area by the time it’s fired!
    • Cast Time 1.5s > 1s

Kusk – Payload
    Quicker detonation time on the bomb and a larger explosion radius to help when the ability is being used against something other than a tower. His bomb now also knocks enemies away when it explodes!
    • Radius 2 > 2.5
    • Death Delay 2s > 1.5s
    • Knockback Added!

Crypt Lord – Resurrection
    Minions are now summoned in earlier during the animation, additionally, their spawn time has been reduced. This should help a lot when the ability is being used to interrupt/distract enemy troops. Minions are now active once Crypt Lord finishes his animation.
    • Cast Time 3.14s > 1.48s

Crypt Lord – Minions
    Stat increase in line with other Troops, spawn time reduced to help with reactive plays.
    • HP 55 > 61
    • DMG 76 > 89
    • DPS 126 > 127
    • Spawn Time 2.5s > 1.66s

Towers

Bow Tower
    Just giving the Bow Tower a bit of a helping hand in behavior; the rate of fire up, but damage down, overall DPS unaffected. This helps the bow Tower to have less wasted damage and to perform better against swarms of enemies.
    • Hit Speed 0.8 > 0.7
    • DMG 101 > 89
    • DPS 126 > 127

Artillery Tower
    So far, the Artillery tower is performing well but is seeing too much use. This is likely due to player perception on how it performs in a match; its success cases are obvious - destroying enemy swarms. But it’s cases when it’s weaker – drastically lower DPS against tanks - are less notable. To help with this it’s receiving some behavioral changes and a minor nerf to hopefully highlight these moments; increased damage, but slower fire speed and lower DPS.
    • Hit Speed 1.6 > 2
    • DMG 114 > 128
    • DPS 71 > 64

Magic Tower
    Our premier tank killer is having some mixed success and with the general nerf to two of the prime tanks its appeal is likely to reduce. To help it out it’s receiving some significant buffs that help it when dealing with its less tankier foes (notably deals with appropriately levels goblins a lot quicker now).
    • DMG 11 – 221 > 20 - 272
    • DPS 33 – 663 > 60 - 816

Unchanged

Infantry Tower
    Whilst not receiving changes in this patch, I feel the need to call this tower out due to its high usage, but middling win rate. Likely players are valuing the spawned Dwarfs more highly than the actual value they provide, but we’re looking into trialling some larger behavioural changes with this tower to make its Strengths and Weaknesses more apparent (for players struggling against Infantry tower, the best tower to solo against them is the Magic tower (even pre-buff) as the Dwarves are mini-tanks and the Magic tower shreds them).

Sharpshooter
    This keen-eyed elf is performing as intended, although her usage is high. We’re hoping the Ranger buffs may make them a more attractive alternative.

Dwarven Infantry
    Much like the Sharpshooter, these guys are performing nicely, their usage is a little lower, although that’s likely linked to the high usage of the Infantry tower and their niche role as cheap mini-tanks.

Valkyrie
    A very divisive card; the Valkyrie is one who can excel very strongly in the right situations but can also get countered very hard, and for cheap. So far, her performance is on point, and her usage is where we’d expect for a newer Epic, will keep an eye on her performance in the coming future.

Right, that’s all the key balance changes, for now, the much larger gameplay changes I mentioned prior are on their way (and looking good), still no fixed dates on when we will be getting them out to you but it should be soon.

Cheers,

Tivinu

ok thanks. looks like many cards changed. while i read your list i thought: nearly all of my cards are nerfed and cards i am not using are buffed. that means i selected the overpowered cards before and now you are balancing them :P looks good to me.

Comment

If you are finding that you are not seeing the 1.4.1. update on your App Store then this could be because we have only just released it and it takes some time for updates to populate around the different App Stores around the world.

You should find that if you check again a little later then there's every chance that the update will have appeared by then. Sometimes, also clearing your cache on the Play Store App can make updates appear that weren't previously visible.

Comment

hm. me and Shadowsong thought that we have the update since yesterday. and i didnt see any playstore update so i thought its automaticaly. at the moment i dont see the update so i will check it later

Comment

Originally posted by xario View Post
          hm. me and Shadowsong thought that we have the update since yesterday. and i didnt see any playstore update so i thought its automaticaly. at the moment i dont see the update so i will check it later
          There was a server update yesterday that introduced some of the changes and there is a app update today that will take care of the rest. The server update will explain the changes you noticed yesterday.

Comment

You're correct It wouldn't be very fair if the stats of your troops varied by which version you had installed (if you disliked the nerfs you'd be able to rollback your version) so that is decided by our servers rather than the game installed on your phone. We typically update the servers shortly before making the update available on the store so that we can do some final tests to make sure everything is going to go okay when we do release it. Normally this is only an hour or two before posting the update but other circumstances led to us waiting overnight on this occasion.

Comment

i dont see the client update yet but i noticed those 2 big changes in the game since yesterday: level 11 cannon tower now one shots my goblin flyer units - it was 2 shot until 2 days ago. and my mason level 2 bumerang doesnt kill level 13 rangers any more - it killed them until 2 days ago.
              Last edited by xario; 15th February 2018, 03:12 PM.

Comment

Finally the top 10 looks correct - now top players are also ordered by the win count.

Comment

Originally posted by cake View Post
                  Finally the top 10 looks correct - now top players are also ordered by the win count.
                  oh, i didnt see that yet. cool. but i dont understand:
                  1. Camelius is #10 and #11 ;O
                  2. how is the sorting working? highest win streak? if yes, #4 has bigger win streak than #2 and #3. if its on total wins: why is camelius then #10 and #11 and not #3?

Comment

Total wins.
                    Camelius needed to play a single game to update his rank on the leaderboard. He is top 3 actually.

Comment

Originally posted by cake View Post
                      Total wins.
                      Camelius needed to play a single game to update his rank on the leaderboard. He is top 3 actually.
                      As cake mentioned, once Camelius logs in and plays a battle his profile will update and having checked his profile he's not logged in since the changes took place, so that explains the issue where he's appearing on the leaderboard twice.

Comment

i just got the client update

Comment

i just got the client update
                          Yes I can confirm that the new update has been released and will be populating across all Play Stores now. If you are not seeing it, either try again later, or try clearing the cache on the Play Store App.

Comment

Originally posted by Ice View Post

Orc Berserker
                            Everyone’s favorite Berserker has been struggling for a while now...
                            Really? His low HP makes him less effective on offense without some help, but I'd strongly encourage other players to try using him on defense against tanks like the Ogre Brute or the Juggernaut. He's not quite as effective as a swarm, but his enormous DPS makes him a great backup if you don't have a swarm ready or if you can't use a swarm because the enemy tank is backed up with splash damage.

Originally posted by Ice View Post

...with various other buffs going out to cards that can be effective against him with giving him quite a sizeable boost...
                            Thanks for making sure one of the keystones in my deck stays relevant!

Comment

The Valkyrie seems underpowered in comparison to the buffed Orc Beserker. For 25% more elixir, the valk has somewhat similar HP, *lower* DPS, and no area attack. I don't think at current values that the charge and special movement rules justify the higher elixir cost. (I'm comparing the valk at a slightly lower level the beserk due to rarity and max level differences.)

Intrested in hearing from any other players, including xario and Shadowsong, about whether they agree.

Comment

Working...
                              X