Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Castle Creeps Battle Update 1.5.0 Now Live!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [CCB Beta] Castle Creeps Battle Update 1.5.0 Now Live!

As some of you may have noticed, the Castle Creeps Battle Update 1.5 was released yesterday. This update was mainly concentrating on the major User Interface overhaul that you'll notice as soon as you boot up CCB, you'll notice that each Hero now has their own background that reflects the theme of your hero, as well as new hero animations.

Other noticeable improvements come in the form of the Deck Screen now features 5 Decks that you can customize to suit different play styles, be they defensive or attacking decks or a combination of both, the choice is yours.

We've also included handling of various device aspect ratios, as well as compatibility for the iPhone X Notch and various bug fixes and optimizations.

You can download and install the CCB 1.5.0 Update now from the Google Play Store here - Castle Creeps Battle Update 1.5.0

Update 1.5.0 - What's New!?
    • Castle Creeps Battle has had a facelift!
    • Menu backgrounds will now change to reflect the theme of your hero!
    • You can now customize 5 different decks for use in various scenarios!
    • Handling for various device aspect ratios!
    • iPhone X Notch compatibility!
    • Hero ability visual effects update!
    • Various bug fixes & optimizations!
    Please let us know what your thoughts on the new update, as well as any issues you may come across.

See you on the battlefield!

Exciting changes. I'll need to get used to some of it. Some initial thoughts on visual changes:

1. My favorite part of this update is that we can now see the path Mason's guillotine attack will take. Thanks! I've been meaning to ask for this for a while, actually. When I was a new player, I'd get confused about where the boomerang would be coming from; I often would use Mason's hero power by swiping quickly rather than deliberately placing it, and I assumed the guillotine attack would follow the path of my swipe. I've since started using it more carefully and mentally drawing a line from the Mason to my attack placement. I think it'll be a great help to new players to have it visible. Ice, has the team considered moving the hero power circle to the hero tower itself? I think it'd be more obvious to new players where the origin of the attack was, though I'm not sure if it would clutter things visually.

Originally posted by Shadowsong View Post
    I'll have to get used to the Deck screen though. I am so used to the old layout so I'll have to give it some time before I weigh in on the new layout of it. But it is less scrolling for the cards not in your deck, so that is good.
    Ditto all of this, though @Shadowsong's comment about us now having to do less scrolling has probably sold me on the new deck screen layout.

3. Like xario, I liked the old home screen better. I liked the dark background of the old screen. The current backgrounds feel too busy behind the other elements on the home screen. Mason's and Ember's background colors, especially, blend a bit too much with the rest of the home screen elements; Kusk's isn't perfect, but it's better. (I don't have the necromancer hero unlocked, yet.) My initial impression is that I liked the layout in the old screen a bit better, too. It felt less... cluttered? Something. It's possible that fiddling with the background would address my concerns there, though. It's also possible that I just need to get used to the new one, too.

4. I think it's cool that the backgrounds change to reflect the hero you're using. I didn't try it until I read about it here. It goes well with the heroes getting profiled a bit more on the home screen.

5. Getting a new splash screen is always fun.

I really enjoy Castle Creeps Battle. Thanks for your work on it!

Comment

Mhmm I think u need to tackle perhaps the genearation of new cards, levels instead of visual work. I personally don't like it..prefer the old one.
      as far as bots..new strategy but level of towers and soldiers far better than mine. It is not fair

Comment

Thanks for the great feedback regarding the update, this has now been forwarded to the team for their consideration.

I know the changes will take some getting used to but I'm sure it's just a teething period and it'll become second nature in no time at all.

Comment

Im having log in issues again when using wifi connection. It seemed like for the first couple days after the update it was working great (for the first time) but then it stopped. Now it's back to only working on mobile data connection.

Edit: Added two screenshots. The first is error message from log in screen. After a minute or so I can get past this by clicking retry a few times. The second is from after battle end. This seems to be happening more often and i cannot resume game without closing app and restarting (then going through log in issues all over again ).
          Attached Files
          Last edited by RUD316; 15th March 2018, 01:42 AM.

Comment

RUD316 I was noticing more wifi signal icons popping up today as well. And I too was not seeing them as often after the update until today.

Comment

hm, i get as many yellow/red connection popups but never the retry like you. i think its your internet connection

Comment

RUD316 Based on your screenshots, I get the first one sometimes when I first log in and turn on my tablet and it has not connected to wifi yet. If you are using a mobile device that turns off wifi when you turn off the device then you have to wait a little bit for wifi connection when turning the device on. Sometimes I am impatient and forget I have to wait about a minute for that on my device so I may sometimes get that first Retry screen. I have not gotten that second screen during a match. I have had the match crash at the end and reboot and I am still credited the win though.

Comment

Shadowsong xario it's definitely not my internet or wifi connection. I get the log in issue 100% of the time. Every day, every time i open the app. This happens on my Samsung tablet and galaxy S8. Every other game (including ) works fine. The issue was fixed for a few days, there had to have been a fix with the update that got lost in a subsequent patch or something.

Comment

Originally posted by RUD316 View Post
                    Shadowsong xario it's definitely not my internet or wifi connection. I get the log in issue 100% of the time. Every day, every time i open the app. This happens on my Samsung tablet and galaxy S8. Every other game (including ) works fine. The issue was fixed for a few days, there had to have been a fix with the update that got lost in a subsequent patch or something.
                    Apologies for not getting back to you sooner.

Just to let you know, I've sent the details that you supplied to the team and our QA team are currently investigating this issue. If you can private message me any further details that you might have because you never know, that small detail that you thought was irrelevant could turn out to be the cause.

Comment

After this update, the comp screen no longer shows chests for the top 10 in a league, but I still got one when the last league ended. Longtime players probably remember the rewards breakdown, but new players might like to know. (The comp screen looks good to me otherwise.)

Comment

Originally posted by paperpancake5 View Post
                        After this update, the comp screen no longer shows chests for the top 10 in a league, but I still got one when the last league ended. Longtime players probably remember the rewards breakdown, but new players might like to know. (The comp screen looks good to me otherwise.)
                        I've spoken with the team about this and they've advised me that it's a bug and our QA team are looking into it. Thanks for letting us know though, as there's every chance we might not have known about this one.

Comment

paperpancake5 nice i didnt notice it hehe

Comment

Working...
                          X