Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [CCB] Does anyone use expensive cards: Golem, War Wagon

Hello guys,
    I was just wondering how many of you are actually using expensive cards and what justifies keeping them in the deck.
    I have a suspicion that cards like War Wagon (7 elx.) and Golem (8 elx.) are not very useful in practice because the current
    balance favours cheap to moderately priced units.
    For 8 elx. one can deploy Goblin Airforce + Axe Throwers.

Maybe these cards should be nerfed and made cheaper.

What do you think ?

in my opinion: no good player would use them (golem and war cannon).
    1. they are much lower than old cards. my old red cards are level 7-8 and these new ones level 2-3.
    2. they are too expensive (also if they would be level 9) because they are too slow and the opponent can destroy them with cards with less elixir.
    3. red cards are in general too weak.
    4. they dont give any special advantage (in my deck every card gives an advantage like if player deploys a horde of units (included flyers), i can counter that with goblin bomber (also his after death explosion which also kills flyers) or like i can surprise the opponent with freeze or if an opponent has many flying units or i want to destroy a tower i use sharpshooter...
    Last edited by xario; 30th August 2018, 09:07 AM.

Comment

I used my prize from the "Caption Our Creeps" contest to buy the "Super Battle Chest". I want to be able to tinker with the epics.
      I have had these large Elixir cost Creeps used against to to GREAT effect. Anyone who would consider such a bold tactic would have to shape their whole deck around the item.
      I have a large load on my plate, but I can take some time to help you out. I appreciate the challenge, and can not wait until more players start using high level epics in their decks.
      I speculate that a lvl 7 Rare is equivalent to a lvl 9 Common, but does anyone have speculation on Epics?

Comment

Yeah. I look forward to leveling a couple of the new epics to really be able to test them. It's hard to really speculate on deck possibilities surrounding them until we can truly test them.

Comment

Thank you for your feedback guys.
          So much work was invested into War Wagon, Golem and Dragon Flame but these units are not used. We'll do sth with it I hope.
          Played against a player today who placed the Golem on the field, - was quite surprised TBH. It's Alpha Wargs meta now !
          Golem will receive a little buff probably soon. His charge can be easily interrupted at the moment.

Comment

*I just leveled my war cannon to 5...THIS should be interesting.
            *theory: war cannons are perfect for overcoming high level towers.
            *initial speculation:
            battlefield control spells will be particularly effective in protecting the war cannon, as well as slow, high health units.
            -War Cannons are a challenge for even an expert player; best paired with a long range hero, but both are vulnerable to airborne attacks. (and mine are level 2)

Summary:
            -War cannons are high health, slow speed, long range units; with very slow but high damage units that only attack towers.

Conclusion:
            -Very exciting to play; the tacticts and strategy involved are bizarre.
            -Enemies are not ready to handle such a strange approach at battle; resulting in repetive catastrophic loss of their forces; resulting in defeat.
            -I would never use this as my main, but I would bring it out to mess with people.
            -If it's stupid but it works, it ain't stupid; I recomend only using it if you have high enough cards to support it.

Moving Foward:
            -This play test opened the door for other spell heavy decks. I have upgraded my range of skill and strategy.
            *personal notes for tonights testing.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Stingy Bogart; 5th September 2018, 10:15 AM.

Comment

I will have to agree with Xario with what he said for such epic cards they sure fall a little short on their playability with these cheaper much more effect cards than the golem/fire dragon.

also i never really use them because against a good player they are easily routed :/
              And he cometh down from the heaven and bringth war upon the earth!!!

Comment

I don't know, 7 seconds is not TOO long to defend something to bust a tower; damage progression is consistantly superior to 1/2 tower health. Players still have the rest of their deck.
                Players can cast at first 10, or hold the war cannon in their hand.
                I see it as a toy. Its cool, but I think the price could come down one without breaking the game. Maybe the already massive health could improve. My final suggestion is an increase to attack speed...but I'm sure you already considered everything.

It is good for the player who likes to play. My two IRL friends are not trying to make the top, but they like to tinker.
                Last edited by Stingy Bogart; 6th September 2018, 10:51 AM.

Comment

I was losing too hard to grab a screen shot, but RottenLeader22 just used multiple casting (behind tower) to completely destroy my forces, that had agro on it, with other units.
                  It was crazy. I don't knew what to do about it to prepare in the future, but I will keep you posted.
                  *mind<blown.
                  Last edited by Stingy Bogart; 7th September 2018, 12:33 AM.

Comment

I love rock man, using him is guaranteed to knock a tower. Only goblin horde with warlock or freeze can kill him, otherwise he takes a lot of cards to bring down. So play him when you know goblin horde isn’t ready or opponent has spent all his elixir. He has a dash attack vs towers, doing like 2k damage even if he’s killed quickly.

Comment

Golem is in a much better shape right now:
                      Charge no longer preventable, DMG up 34%, Charge DMG up 34%, DPS up 33%.

Comment

i will test it again when i have it higher i have it only at level 4 and my other cards are maxed or nearly maxed - so i have to wait some months before trying him.

Comment

My Golem is level 7 and i win most battles with him so he is definitely much better than before update ...i will say tho one wrong calculation and it can go down hill pretty quickly especially against a seasoned veteran/professional...lol

Comment

I think they put golem back to how it was. You can interrupt his dash and placing units near him bumps him away from a tower and cause a punch to miss. Against good players, golem does no damage at all now.

Comment

Tower what planet are you from?....he definitely does more damage now than before! I think the developers are going in right direction compared to before the update....:-)

Comment

Working...
                              X